The Activity Week Experience (AWE) Programme is an integral part of the curriculum of our school, with the purpose to provide student with learning experience that go beyond the classroom and campus. Students will have opportunity to learn from direct experience or hands-on activities. We also believe that these learning experiences will broaden students' horizon and inspire them with "awe" in their pursuit for whole-person development.
The AWE programmes are designed and organized under three categories: Overseas, Mainland and Local. These categories echo our mission in forming students in both their academic and personal development aspects under global perspectives.
Participation in the programmes involves students' acquisition of an interdisciplinary array of knowledge, skills and values and the completion of a project. Project learning is a powerful learning and teaching strategy cherished by our school to promote self-directed and self-regulated learning as well as self-reflection. During the learning process, students are also required to use reading as a tool to construct knowledge and using IT for interactive learning and to communicate with students and teachers.
This year, it will be held from 3 February to 7 February 2020. This year sees 27 programmes, including 21 overseas programmes and 6 local programmes.
Overall goal, aim and objective (課程目標)
● Goal - The AWE Programme molds students into Christian gentlemen with a global outlook.
● Aim - The different AWE programmes provide a learning platform to facilitate the attainment of our goal.
● Objective - The AWE Programme enriches students’ academic grounding and diversify their perspectives for their whole-person development.
Knowledge construction and skills training (知識建構及技能培訓)
● Each programme is designed as an experiential learning process with a set of Activity Specific Objectives, which specifies the knowledge content and the technical skills the programme focuses on.
● Upon completing the programme, student should have acquired a foundation of knowledge and technical skills in the subject area of the programme.
● Activity Specific Objectives normally are based on the nine generic skills (collaboration skills, communication skills, creativity, critical thinking skills, information technology skills, numeracy skills, problem-solving skills, self-management skills and study skills). Through the training in the programme, students will practice and experience how these skills really benefit them in different contexts.
Value education (價值教育)
● In a week of interaction with people outside their usual social circle, students will have the chance to recognize their roles and responsibilities as members in a group, in the programme and in society; and to show concern for other’s well-being.
● Students will reflect on their own conduct, and develop positive values under the guidance of teachers in different decision-making tasks in unfamiliar situations.
● This year the School focuses on the virtue of Politeness (禮)：To show care and love around the world.
Key learning tasks (關鍵學習項目)
● The AWE Programme provides students with learning experiences that beyond the classroom and campus. Under the supervision of the AWE heads and AWE teachers, students will consolidate their learning and findings in the form of a guided study during the AWE Programme.
● Under each programme, AWE head and AWE teachers will suggest a project theme(s) for the students. Students will focus on the data collection/dissemination and the reporting of their findings.
● Students are expected to produce a product either in written or non-written form (such as models, photos, webpage, videos, etc.) PLUS other designated project-learning assignments.
● Each programme may include at least one piece of reading material that students are expected to finish. Students will see how relevant readings can enrich their learning and they can compare their first-hand experience with that of the author.
● The AWE assessment is for collecting evidence of student learning in terms of knowledge, skills, values and attainment in the key learning tasks.
● The assessment objectives and marking rubrics are communicated to students before the AWE Period so that students will understand what they should try to achieve and how best they might do this.
● The assessment objectives are divided into two main groups:
− School-Wide Objectives: for project learning skills and students’ practice of the virtue “Justice”.
− Activity-Specific Objectives: for knowledge, technical skills and focused generic skills in the programme.
● Students’ attainment will be END respectively in due course.
AWE Introduction Day: 19 December 2019
AWE Inauguration Ceremony: 22 January 2020
AWE Week: 3 February - 7 February 2020 or beyond
Schedule of learning (學習時間)
● In the AWE Introduction Day, the programme aims, learning objectives and project requirements will be communicated to the students. Students will form groups and plan for their coming working schedule.
● Final logistical details of the programme will be conveyed to the students in the AWE Inauguration Ceremony.
● During the AWE Period, different activities, such as visits, talks, excursions, interviews, will be organized to support the knowledge construction, skills training and project learning.
● Students should attend all the lessons and activities organized. For sick leave, a parent’s letter must be submitted to the Administration Office together with the medical certificate on the day the student returns to School. In case of leave of absence, a written application should be submitted to the Principal three days in advance.
● Students should complete and submit all assignments required in the project learning by the programme.
Medium of instruction (授課語言)
● Depending on the nature of the programme, English or Cantonese will normally be the medium of instruction.
● For some programmes going to mainland China or overseas destinations, Putonghua or the local language may be used as the medium of instruction.
Scholarships and awards (獎學金)
● For Form 2 to Form 5, three scholarships are awarded by the School to the academically best performing students in each Form according to the best year-end score alongside satisfactory conduct.
● For Form 1 students, scholarships are awarded together with the Potential Development Scholarships.
● The School will make the final selection.
● Students, who receive government financial assistance through either the Student Financial Assistance Agency (SFAA) or the Comprehensive Social Security Assistance (CSSA), are eligible to apply for a grant to attend the AWE Programme provided by Tak Sun Secondary School and/or supported by the Jockey Club Life-wide Learning Fund. Students may indicate their preference when they fill in their programme choices. The School will make the final decision.
|Prog. code||English Programme Name||Chinese Programme Name||Current Academic Year
|P01||The Philippines Work Camp||菲律賓關愛之旅||✔️|
|P02||Vietnam Voluntary Work||越南關愛義工團||Not Available️|
|P03||Vietnam Work Camp||越南關愛之旅||✔️|
|P04||Rangers to Taiwan||流浪到台灣||Not Available|
|P05||Memory of Hong Kong's Taste||香港的味道記憶之旅||✔️|
|P06||Cycling in Hualien, Taiwan||花蓮五天單車團||✔️|
|P07||Geography in Taitung and Kaohsiung||台東高雄地理遊||✔️|
|P08||Cultural Exploration in Taipei City||台北文化體驗之旅||✔️|
|P09||Exploring Culture in Kaohsiung and Hsiao Liouciou Island||高雄屏東、小琉球文化生態之旅||✔️|
|P10||Music Exploration in Taiwan||臺灣音樂發掘之旅||✔️|
|P11||STEAM@Taiwan||台中 STEAM手作團||Not Available|
|P12||Exploring Culture in Singapore||文化共融的新加坡||✔️|
|P13||Culture Exploration in Singapore||新加坡體驗學習之旅||✔️|
|P15||English at Legoland Malaysia||馬來西亞生活及文化之旅||Not Available|
|P16||The Cultural Exchange Tour in Northern Thailand||泰國北部文化交流學習之旅||✔️|
|P17||Exploring STEM development in Korea||韓國 STEM 考察之旅||✔️|
|P18||Japan Okinawa - Nature and History||日本沖繩自然歷史之旅||✔️|
|P20||The Economic and Geographical Landscape of Nagoya||名古屋經濟地理考察之旅||✔️|
|P21||Tokyo STEM & DIY Tour||東京創科體驗團||✔️|
|P22||Taiwan Japan Study Tour||通識教育系列：戰爭與和平||✔️|
|P23||Land of Abundance – Sichuan World Heritage and Ecological Tour||天府之國 – 四川文化遺產及保育之旅||Not Available|
|P24||The History and Cultural of Shandong||山東省歷史文化交流團 (山東曲阜、泰安、青島)||✔️|
|P25||Exploring Greater Bay Area via High-Speed Rail & Hong Kong –Zhuhai-Macau Bridge (HZMB)||一鐵一橋 大灣區經濟考察之旅||✔️|
|P26||Fun in Nature||香港郊遊樂||✔️|
|P27||Hollywood Movie Production Master||荷理活電影製作達人||✔️|
|P28||Astronomy and Space exploration||天文及太空探索||✔️|
|P29||STEM WORKSHOP||Arduino car STEM特訓班||✔️|
|P31||Melbourne Cultural Tour||墨爾本文化之旅||✔️|
|P32||Japan Culture and Exchange Tour||日本文化交流之旅||✔️|
|P33||Study tour to The Heights, Washington, DC USA||--||✔️|